Without My Consent is a non-profit organization seeking to combat online invasions of privacy. The resources found here are intended to empower individuals to stand up for their privacy rights and inspire meaningful debate about the internet, accountability, free speech, and the serious problem of online invasions of privacy.
- Violet Blue (Advisor): Forbes Web Celeb, CBSi/ZDNet blogger and columnist, high-profile tech personality and one of Wired’s Faces of Innovation.
- Ryan Calo (Advisor): Stanford Law School, Fellow and Director of the Consumer Privacy Project at the Center for Internet & Society.
- Danielle Citron (Advisor): Professor of Law at the University of Maryland School of Law, with scholarly interests in the areas of information privacy law, cyber law, and administrative law with an emphasis on issues surrounding the government's reliance on information technologies. Blogs at www.concurringopinions.com.
- Christina Gagnier (Advisor, Treasurer): Partner, Gagnier | Margossian.
- Marcia Hofmann (Advisor, Secretary): Senior Staff Attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- Erica Johnstone (Co-Founder, Vice President): Partner at Ridder, Costa & Johnstone LLP, a San Francisco law firm focusing on intellectual property, internet, and privacy law. Erica specializes in defending people who have been harmed online.
- Dr. Keely Kolmes (Advisor): Dr. Kolmes is a private practice psychologist in San Francisco who provides clinical services to couples and individuals and provides education and consultation to therapists managing clinical and ethical issues related to the Internet and clinical practice.
- Chris Ridder (Advisor): Partner at Ridder, Costa & Johnstone LLP. Ridder litigates cases and advises clients regarding a broad range of issues at the intersection of law and technology, including matters related to online defamation, invasion of privacy, internet law, copyright law, and the First Amendment.
- Jason Schultz (Advisor): Co-Director of the Samuelson Law, Technology & Public Policy Clinic at Berkeley Law School.
- Daniel Solove (Advisor): The John Marshall Harlan Research Professor of Law at George Washington University, and internationally-known expert in privacy law. Author of The Future of Reputation: Gossip, Rumor, and Privacy on the Internet.
- Dr. Dan Taube (Advisor): Professor of Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco at Alliant International University, with scholarly interests in confidentiality and privilege in mental health services, ethical and legal issues in professional services, child protection and addictions research and treatment.
- Colette Vogele (Co-Founder, President): Non-residential Fellow at Stanford Law School’s Center for Internet & Society Stanford and a Senior Copyright Attorney at Microsoft Corporation (this project is not affiliated with Vogele’s work at Microsoft).